Tuesday 3 November 2009

Royston the Noisy Snake!


This week our spelling use the oy sound. Post your scaffold text as a response to this one. Remember that I'm also looking for lots of adverbs this week!


Royston was, by all accounts, a very noisy snake. His friends would say, ‘The idea of being a snake is so you can hoist yourself up into a tree and silently coil yourself round a branch and then drop down on your prey without them even knowing you are there.’ Alas poor Royston couldn’t stay quiet for long enough to do this.

One day his friends took him aside and explained he had choices to make. Either he was going to be the annoying, poisonous, noiseless, destroyer that he was meant to be or they would employ sterner measures to get him to conform.

Needless to say sterner measures could not be avoided. Royston’s friends sent him on a voyage of discovery. His most loyal friend, Lloyd went with him and introduced him to the android on the hill, who, happened to have an ointment for noisiness. A couple of applications later Royston was less noisy and actually started to enjoy slithering around, silently creeping and coiling up on his prey as a snake should do.

8 comments:

  1. Was it not toiling at the end? That was a good 1.Did Mr.Magowan make that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am trying to avoid my annoying employer. he is the noisiest person ever.he acts like he is royalty.he all ways goes fishing.he allways talks about the ways he has to hoist the fish and the buoys.when he went on his madden voyage.he really liked the loyalty of all the sailors apary from 1 who was disloyal.he always talks LOUDLY.back to me . i talk silently .i walk slowly not fast like an astroyd.i wonder if an astryd is poisinous..if u get hit by 1 u would need lots of oint ment .it wouldnt be enjoyable u would nee d to mousturise 2o892302 times . u would need an appoint ment with a doctor.there is lots of chices.becarefull the dr wont toil. or have coils on his walls(ooooooooo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an amazing voyage to the jungle. I was having an enjoyable day when I suddenly heard an annoying hissing noise coming from the bushes. It was the noisiest sound ever. I took the choice to peep behind the bush. I couldn't believe my eyes. I saw a large, poisonous rattle snake coiled and ready to attack. It had already destroyed a wild boar and a bear. To avoid it attacking me I hoisted up my rucsack and ran for my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry i couldnt write it in my book so i did it on the computer sorry

    ReplyDelete
  5. does mine make sence mymum said it does but my dad said it doesnt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today Lucy was at her friend Joy's house ,joy had a snake called Roy. Roy was not as other snakes were - poisonous, noiseless, destroyer's. No Roy wasn't like that he was the nicest snake you have ever met. He liked to coil around his tree in his cage and was never annoying. In fact he was never noisy either.Then one day something terrible happened,Roy started acting very annoying.Joy had a choice to make either she was
    going sell him or persevere with him being annoying.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all these phonics paragraphs!

    ReplyDelete