Wednesday 11 November 2009

'ue' sound


This week we have been thinking about the 'ue' sound. Post your phonics paragraphs here!


Drew’s Unusual Uniform

Drew was in Saint Andrew’s regimental musical band. His unit took part in many regimental marches through the town.

The day of his next march was a beautiful sunny day. Drew slept in. He was due at the barracks at 10.00am and it was already a quarter to. He threw on his uniform without thinking and continued out the door.

He quickly joined his crew on their march and began blowing his tuba. Half way through the march he noticed everyone was looking at him in an unusual way. Then he realised his buttons were askew, his shirt, that was supposed to be white, was blue and on his feet he had only one shoe. ‘What an unusual uniform!’ laughed Drew and everyone had to agree.

4 comments:

  1. Today a new popular,beautiful and a musical girl was in. She is a European girl. She has a huge family, her family is not from Europ,they are from the future. Her name is June and her birthday is in January. She is a crew member of the musical talent show. She wears regular uniform unlike me. My name is July I had to look after her all day, I think we are best buddies. We where playing musical statues until midday. She is a unusuall person oh well I got a new buddie out of it. THE ENDXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is June .I was born in June .My sister was born in July but I don't know anybody who was born in January.My dad said this year has flew.It was just like yestrday I was playing hockey in July (oh by the why today is the 11/11/09).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a cold January morning and the dew was still on the grass. I walked to the park to see the huge new statue everyone had been talking about. There were so many people I had to say "excuse me." It was very unusual to see so many people continue to gather. Maybe June or July would be a better time to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh wells P.6.Spiers11 November 2009 at 11:41

    Once upon a time there was a school boy he hated school and hated wearing his uniform and did not want to be a student any more even though he was very popular.
    He was European.
    But he still hated school and his uniform and being a student at his school.
    His teacher said his future was a good future but he hated school no matter what!!!
    His music teacher put him into a school musical that made him hate school even more when just then he hatched his huge cunning plan…
    ?? TO BE CONTINUED ??

    ReplyDelete